[Girdershade - Fleetwing Mac]

Fleetwing's next thoughts...were not fit to be narrated. Needless to say, it was a long, creative string of words that he would not want to befall either of these innocent mares' ears.

On the outside, he put on a strained laugh, not-so-subtly poking Violetta quiet. "No, no, did she said that? I don't think she said that. She said Bucky'd kill me if I dated you, y'know, 'cause he wants to date you so bad. Sorta like when you're really hungry, and you say 'Oh man, I'm starvin' to death over here', but you ain't really starving? It's just a lil' joke, she don't mean Bucky'd really do that." Although...was it too far from true? Were they really setting up Fizz, a genuinely nice, if incredibly naive, mare with a stallion so full of jealousy he'd kill to keep her to himself?

...nah, that was probably just Bucky going to extremes to spook folks. Like Old Pony Johnson back home, always shaking his rifle at the kids on his lawn, but never hurting a fly. If he really meant it, he'd probably be waiting outside to shoot his sorry flank dead as soon as he was out of view of Fizz's house!

Somehow, that wasn't very comforting.