Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
About the whole zombies eating their targets, honestly, thats something that never made sense to me.
As I understand it, the whole 'zombies eat living flesh' mythology stems solely from the 1968 Night of the Living Dead film. Prior to that, zombies were pretty much only the murderous undead with no eating, or the Haitian voodoo zombie.

The zombies seem to ignore each other, so as soon as one wakes up, im sure the rest stop eating it.
Again, something else that doesn't make sense. If they eat ostensibly because they're hungry, then why would they stop once their prey stops moving? Is there some sort of special 'zombie sense' they possess that stops them feeding on each other?

I agree with you about the rabbit thing, perhaps a rabid dog would be a better option? That way you have a creature that is potentially lethally dangerous, one that needs to be put down for the protection of everyone. And one that wouldnt be easily killed without a gun in hand. How many would be willing to even enter that room? How many would be able to fight it off without getting bitten? How many would be able to kill it effectively without hesitation?
While I'd be hard pressed to think of anybody who wouldn't agree with killing a rabid dog, I think we're moving away from your 'reluctance to kill' scenario and more into the 'are you physically capable of killing' area.

Having been attacked by a pack of dogs while unarmed, I can attest it's harder than it sounds to avoid being bitten, but since humans aren't designed to use biting as a primary attack, it's a somewhat different scenario.

As for the hesitancy, I would agree that most would be hesitant, but for an entirely different reason - how to attack it without being bitten, rather than a reluctance to kill.