Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
Yeah, im pretty sure they were down a dozen or more places on the chain of command by the time the nukes got launched. I recall the sub captain mentioning the homeland security chief was president briefly, but had already been infected. THATS SEVENTEEN LEVELS DOWN THE CHAIN. In all seriousness, do you think anyone would actually obey the guy that was number 20 on the list of succession? I mean, im sure earl from accounting is great at his job and all, that doesnt make him presidential material.
But that's part of the problem. How did they get to kill/infect so many people? It doesn't make sense from my point of view. Unless half of them happened to be turned at the beginning. Those guys should be able to get to places so save they could never be attacked by something as brainless as a zombie, be it a bunker or a military base with 1000 armed soldiers. These zombies are stupid and don't have any idea what they are doing. HsotD along with many other zombie apocalypse stories either give humanity way too little credit how to handle a crisis or just put them in a bad situation to keep their story going.

Another thing... Yeah, any country with stricter gun laws than th US is kind of in a much bigger hassle but still, these zombies are not that dangerous. Fighting them with a kitchen knife would probably be a pretty bad idea but one can improvise quite a few thing if one isn't as ill equipped as my household. (Yeah, I'd be pretty screwed I'll admit) But if you are ready to use them - which I admit is something to argue about - there are a lot of fun things to kill zombies with in a usual household. (Worst case scenario make your own spear with a broom and a knife and some string. It's not the best weapon but it works to stab their faces if you are fighting one at a time)

Heck, all this discussion really makes me wish for a zombie apocalypse just to see how it would play out