Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
Lamb is quite scarce around here: I have eaten it perhaps once as a child, and it is rare even in finer restaurants. Some cultural difference between our respective post-colonies, I expect; although I cannot speak for all of Canada, only the Prairies [I can imagine it being more popular in Quebec].
Perhaps the primary difference is that we have long had a wool industry of some significance. Lamb is still slightly more expensive than other roasts, but even my family which is far from rolling in money can afford it.
If you are ever to visit our fine country, I shall politely ask my mother to prepare a roast dinner if you so desire. Perhaps by then, our sweet potatoes that grow wild adjacent to the roses will provide us with a generous bounty. But I doubt that as it takes them quite some time.

Hmm... Two feet of snow. That is a lot by my reckoning as one who has never seen it. If that much snow fell here, I would likely freeze to death as my house does not retain heat well. Then again, it would not be too hard to stay warm. A simple matter of getting out blankets and hot water bottles while we all gather in Mum's room as it is the most snug and has a reverse cycle air conditioner.