Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Hive worlds aren't actually super populated. The highest recorded figure is 500 billion, but most given numbers are around 120 billion (while Istvaan III was 12 billion)...
Yes, I've been informed that the official numbers here are, supposedly, actually quite modest. The problem is that these numbers are, once you actually crunch them, nonsensical.
[The Imperium has] approximately a billion worlds, probably more (based on there not being enough marines for one one every Imperial world).
...Which is, as I've also remarked earlier, even more nonsensical. A military force that thinly spread could not possibly make the faintest dent in military actions on that scale. So either there's a lot more space marines per chapter than indicated, or a lot fewer worlds than that (most of the sources I've managed to scrounge indicate on the order of a few million. Probably both.)

Look, we all know the drill:
Quote Originally Posted by WH40K
To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war.
Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
...That's the reason GW hates you.
Me, personally?