Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
I don't want to have it because I think it's bad writing and bad design. Not something a good game ought to have. How is it different from everything else people have declared bad and undesirable in this thread and others?
Well because most previous complaints were limited to one or two things within the game that don't affect tone or even require a lot of work to change.

What you argue for on the other hand, pretty much necessitates one or more orders of magnitude of more work, as you now have to add dozens of more playable races (and don't even start denying it, people play monster races because they just want to now, and damn the fluff. When you make most of them sympathetic, you will have even more players demanding to play them or they start whining about racism), and rewrite the entire tone of the work, for what payoff? The game isn't going to suddenly become a better game, because nothing in the game play parts of the game has actually changed, and as everyone said when I brought up something pertaining to the writing: "You can change it yourself if you don't like it".