Quote Originally Posted by sharp41 View Post
I actually raised that point a few threads (lol) ago, as the "Ghost in the Shell" scenario...

I believe that should technology ever get that far, body and apparent gender will become wadrobe choices... As in, even though everyone knows your original gender is male, you're dressed as a formal business female, an androginous male, a transgender female, a very male-like female, and so on...

Point being: If you can transfer yourself to one... Why not own a whole bunch? Also, even if ownership costs are prohibitive, we're probably looking at body renting stores becoming a reality.

Personally, I believe that while most have a fixed gender identify, most of that stems from the fact that switching your outward gender identify entails in a lot of personal and monetary cost, as in surgery and perhaps medication, not to mention social problems...

Should that cost ever be lowered, even mr. macho macho man will probably take a few strolls arounds the club strip wearing a hot hot female body in a mini-skirt. It's not like you can't go back to your meatware in the morning after...

edit: A related phenomenon would probably be the creation of MMORPG characters whose gender doesn't match that of the player... Happens all the time, mostly because it has very little consequence. "Hacking" and "modding" your own meatware so it changes its outward sex? Only people who are far more willing to face the costs it entails in go that far.
I might try out a female body to see what it's like, but you couldn't get me into a miniskirt.