View Single Post

Thread: Dawn of Man, [IC]

1. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dawn of Man, [IC]

Owl wiped away its inattentiveness. Yes, the skies changed, but that is the nature of moving things--to move. "What an interesting axiom," she cooed, "To have already chosen your selective philosophies." It gazed out and onward, not to any particular moment or collective. "And the question is of form or mind, to your eyes. To build upon brotherhood and to guide mankind into moral absolutes, or to change the body beyond its capabilities. To the first, I have hesitations about absolute law. And the latter, to fringe upon the first's design is not worthy of my own time." It paused in a moment that ached. "Perhaps then, the best manner or course of action at this time is to allow each of you the chance to show your questions unto the world, and to extract each your own answers. Yes." Owl spread her wings, and took to the sky once more. Her voice carried, still. "Already, our brother, the fourth, creates. He does not wait upon debate, but merely acts as he sits fit. Even now, the stars convene into divinity as you have said, and they create and deem. Let us view upon the nature of consequences."
    TAB Owl swept over the City of Man, and made great circles. It found a liking of this gathering, and thus spoke to Urs Ignatus. "You convene the mortals, as our brother, the third, had sought to convene us gods. The question becomes, is it effective to debate over matters? Let us see this inquiry through." She descended into the city, becoming a tiny mote among the mortals. She flew from mind to mind, and sought out the desirable bits. "Do not feel that I intrude upon your domain, brother," it said to Urs Ignatus. It spread its wings wide once more, and arranged a great construction of bricks and arches, of shelves and of empty books ready to be written. "I have taken your design, and made it to my own will, in the interest of us all. Now, allow the mortals to come, and to discuss."
    TAB And a tower loomed over the city, alight with the fires of sun and star. It was a severe kind of building, one of menacing capabilities, but also of potential beauty. The kind of raw beauty that comes from something untapped, unexploited, ready for great change, that it burns inside your mind's eye and compels you to expose your truest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Owl's AP = 7. (16) - (3, Weave Sanctum; The Great Library) - (2, Form Order; The Circle Parliment.) - (1, Create Concept; Teaching and Learning) (3, Gain Domain; Good (Order)).

GOOD (ORDER); (3) Create Race, Stars; (2) Form Order, The Circle Parliment; (1) Create Concept, Teaching and Learning.

The Great Library is both a building in the City of Man (not Urs Ignatus' own plane, the Endless City, though some halls might lead there) and Owl's personal rook. It is a great tower, filled with many empty rooms, waiting to be filled with mortal knowledge. The highest point is a great aviary, where Owl and other gods may visit, but is mostly kept locked to mortals.

The Circle Parliment is a gathering of intellectuals, to discuss the matters of the verse. Their eventual purpose will be to govern the forces of magic, but most of those don't exist yet. Currently could be filled with priests using holy magic, and master smiths using Orichalcum and Star Jade. They also serve as teachers to new students within the Great Library.

Furthermore, if no one's really got anything to it, writing is formalized as a concept under Teaching and Learning.
    Last edited by bryn0528; 2012-11-12 at 09:26 AM.