Quote Originally Posted by Aux-Ash View Post
Avilan: Fair enough, but then the complaint is rather that they failed to communicate that this time they meant it, rather than that they didn't say so. But then, DA's marketing haven't exactly been stellar. Remember Origin's? It wasn't exactly representative of that game either.

I so wish they (rpg makers in general) could actually discuss what they were thinking, what they sought to explore, what you will face (narratively) with their games rather than show off a few flashy bits. I imagine it'd give us customers a fairer idea on what to expect. You know, treat their games seriously rather than flashy. But then again... that's just a layman speaking.

Also, as a side note.
Spoiler
Show
You do realise the game can be a bit brighter than you experienced? Depending on your approach to certain matters the outcomes, short of two (All that Remains and Last Straw), can actually be quite favourable and more on the sweet side in bittersweet (still sligthly bitter though).

I'm not saying this to convince you to like the game. I just wanted to check you actually knew that you probably ended up in the least positive way the plot could turn out.
If that changes nothing then fair does.

This is exactly my point above. If you re-use the same buzzwords as you always has, but mean them this time...?

Regarding your spoilery part: I guess a problem is that I, and many that gave a certain someone killed in act II, were just a tad too genre savvy.
Spoiler
Show
basically, if an RPG INSISTS that a person will get into trouble if they follow you, my instinct is to bring them with me. Because the game is trying too hard to convince me.