1. - Top - End - #1459
    Banned

Default Re: League of Legends XXXIX: Harrowing in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Yes, yes I am. I'm accounting for it a lot. Hell, SweetRein said this:

in response to somebody posting a *PVP* concept. Do you really think a PVE concept is going to prove less detrimental?
    First, SweetRein wasn't ragging on the concept, just asking people to flesh it out more. Since she wasn't saying it would be significantly detrimental, that's not a strong argument that this would be. Second, yes, I do, because a PvE concept and markedly different game type is much less likely to have detrimental effects than a similar game type competing for the same players.

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    You're describing the problem, not a benefit, at least from where I'm looking.
    That's because you're viewing the LoL population as a static, homogeneous pool of LoL players/. In fact, there are many different types of LoL players and not all of them would be playing solo queue 5s if they didn't have Co-op (or Treeline, or Dominion, or Proving Grounds...)--not to mention players who might sign up JUST for this mode. The upshot is that while developing this mode would take a significant toll on Riot, releasing it would not take a significant toll on the current playerbase.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-11-12 at 06:27 PM.