Good to see the conversation continuing despite my failings! My work's affiliate's annual convention--of which we tabled at--has had a hundred percent of my attention as of late, but with the event now over, I can get back to getting into gaming .

A full blow by blow of Assassin's Creed will have to wait until, oh, let's say Friday--this Friday! Work ain't stoppin' me this time! But to keep the juices flowing, I shall pen my thoughts/feelings re: my first midnight release on the eve of yet another.

We got to GameStop at ten thirty, and I don't know why, but I expected hundreds of gamers, thousands of gamers, millions and trillions and. Well. There simply weren't those numbers. I remember talk of friends who had camped out at my hometown's GameStop and told tall tales of the droves that would turn out on the big night. Initially? Underwhelmed.

But rest assured there were some gems that made my first one for the books. Especially when we got down to the last minutes, and everyone was counting down 'til Halo would be in their little hands. Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One...to which I responded with, "Happy New Year!"

And then the pure joy I only see at Christmas painting the faces of those who physically had Halo in their possession. The outright sprinting of people to get to their cars, to get home and get gaming! Must get on the bandwagon next time around

Sound familiar? Any noteworthy overheards at your release? Or forgo that route completely?