Empress Trixie's GalCiv2 update:
Spoiler
Show
Dear Princess Luna,

War in the galaxy is commonplace now in the 11th year. Empire versus empire, neighbor versus neighbor, all over the small rocky bits of barely useful flotsam they call “resources”. Indeed, it seems the biggest tradable commodity on the galactic market right now are bullets.
Luckily, The Great and Powerful Trixie has the diplomatic skill to stay out of wars, the stolen missile technology to defend my empire, and the vast Unicorn population to keep our nation self-sufficient through these dangerous times.

Trixie has no dump stat.

Unfortunately, the galaxy comes with its own agenda—a terrorist organization called “The Jagged Knife” seized control of the local governments across several colony worlds in every empire, including 7 worlds belonging to the Unicorns! Luckily I had troop transports stationed across the Unicorn empire in case of troop transport civil uprising emergency. Not that the Unicorns would ever revolt.
I’ve enjoyed a 100% popularity rating for the past 4 years.

Still, no terrorists are going to push the Unicorns around. I managed to seize back 4 of the 7 defected worlds from the Jagged Knife within two months. Two months after that I reclaimed the other 3. The secret to my success was lazy city planning where 6 of those 7 planets didn’t have starport factories to produce starships or defenses for the Jagged Knife the sheer brilliance of proper military planning where I had kept troops stationed in easy reach of my worlds in case of a stealth attack.
Unfortunately, although I reclaimed my worlds, the Jagged Knife killed off a lot of those planet populations and damaged their infrastructures. Rebuilding has sunk our economy into a depression.

On the upside, all the other empires around me ended their wars because they’re struggling to reclaim their worlds (Apparently it pays not to build starports on every world). Hopefully the Jagged Knife is kept busy long enough for me to figure out how to get the red out of our bank ledgers.

Your Great & Powerful Student,
Trixie Lulamoon