Empress Trixie's "Rules of Engagement" in GalCiv2:
(or, Orbital Friendship Cannons for Dummies)
Spoiler
Show
Dear Princess Luna,

A galactic Economic Boom occurred, which caused every empire’s income to increase by a factor of nearly *10*. This was a blessing for my empire because it meant an end to the Unicorn’s recession woes. It also meant that all the war-mongering nations now had the money to fund their war machines. And when a nation suddenly finds itself sitting on a large stockpile of bits, they tend to do dumb things.

Case in point: I had recently conquered the Jagged Knife planet of Jarvis IV and handed it over to the Resembool empire as a peace offering (The planet wasn’t worth much to me, but the brownie points I get for gifting are good for future technology trades).
On the turn immediately after trading the planet, Resembool declared war on me because the battleship Discord had only just left planetary orbit. By Celestia’s Beard, give my battleship a chance to engage it’s Warp Drive!!

Well, since we’re both playing with full decks, I decided to entertain Resembool’s desire for war. I created three fleets (spending tons of bits to speed build them) and went after Resembool:

Pwny Fleet Trollestia: comprises of the battleships Celestia & Cadence, and 6 Mark II Thanqol fighters.
Pwny Fleet Delancie: comprises of the battleship Discord, frigates Twixie & Rarijack, and 5 Mark II Thanqol fighters.
Pwny Fleet Black Snooty: comprises of the battleship Nightmare Moon, frigates Flutterdash, CheeriMac, & DerpyWhooves, 3 Mark II Thanqol fighters, and four Constructor ships to build a waystation if needed.

Each fleet has a compliment of four drop ships for planetary invasions. This is pretty much the entirety of my military strength and I was hoping that Resembool’s fleets were smaller than mine. Turns out they were three times the size… but made of cardboard!

It is year 13 and the fleets have engaged Resembool at the following planets:
Pwny Fleet Trollestia at Amalia V. Resulted in a complete curbstomp battle against outdated Resembool heavy fighters. Two of their ships didn’t even have weapons. What the flying feather was that about?

Pwny Fleet Delancie at Jarvis IV. While the planet itself was undefended, Resembool had a fleet of frigates nearby so we engaged them. This was a tougher battle, losing all 5 Thanqol fighters and taking moderate damage to thefrigate Rarijack. Still, a victory is a victory.

Pwny Fleet Black Snooty in deep space. This is the tricky fleet, sent out to find Resembool’s homeworld and lead a direct assault there. Thus far this fleet has engaged two small groups of Resembool frigates, but has only lost one Thanqol fighter. Long range sensors show that Black Snooty is quickly approaching a Resembool fleet containing two Battleships. This will likely involve a lot of stinging…

Your Great & Powerful Student,
Trixie Lulamoon

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
The Hub released a very short 15 second promo of the season as a whole. it's mostly stuff we've already seen in other promos for the season, except for one rather curious thing that we can see for a second or two. *SPOILERS-lite*
Spoiler
Show
So, by the looks of things,the CMC have gone to the crystal empire. Either that, or one hell of a dream sequence. Either way, this should be interesting.
I looked at the screen pic they put up there and Immediately thought "The Goonies". Oh man that brings back memories. Now I want to see the CMC and the pets reenact that movie as a fanfic.