1. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    ...You think Twilight Sparkle is a Mary Sue? Or like one?

Aroo? @_@
    One could make a good argument for Twilight being as close to a canon sue, as say, the Doctor is in his own show (or Sasuke - or Naruto himself, for that matter - in Naruto). This is not necessarily a bad thing (and Lix said sueish, not "sue", even canon Sasuke isn't quite a Gary Stu, risible a character as he is.)

To go back Lix's original comment, I think Twi is certainly hax enough...

(I mean, special magical talent that nopony else (living?) has, personal student of the Princess, copy magic by seeing it just once (which sparked this whole debate!) and reputedly the most powerful unicorn in Equestria? What more do you want? Yeah, if this was Pokemon, she'd be using Thunder as armour and "shooting for the horn" with Thunderbolt like nopony's business!)

Angsty... well, by Equestrian standards, maaaybe...!

Also, I still am totally seeing the "Shining-is-Itachi, massecre-was-just-a-practical-joke that Twisuke overreacted to, is willfully blocking it out, despite best efforts of parents" thing.

Besides, Kakashi has the sharigarn, and he's freakin' awesome.

Speaking of Epic LotR Pony...

They picked some good bits to parody there, hitting the emotional events, rather than the plot-based ones, as I might have expected. Very nicely and hilariously - and epically! - done.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-11-14 at 12:48 PM.