Quote Originally Posted by Amnoriath View Post
Duranzo, can an Ogre be so strong to flap his arms that he can fly? I know the feat is the key to enable, but most flying creatures have consistently strong dexterity scores while strength can vary. I know by RAW or game function it really doesn't matter but to me this doesn't fit orcs or axes for that matter. Now if he were to push off of something since he really doesn't have any capability it would justify strength but right now why would an orc spend this much training to not even be able to move as much as if he took a double move. It isn't that I don't understand battle action and it does enable more actions but charge, pounce.. fairly easy to come by.
the point is to be able to fly without spells or magic items. a (low level) orc may be able to charge further than he can fly, but he can only charge on the ground. a flying orc can move in 3 dimensions, so he can ignore difficult terrain, get at the casters in the sky, etc. pounce is great for a charger, but it doesn't let you hit things you can't get to.

also, considering how thick D&D air is, an ogre very well might be able to fly. it would be sort of like swimming through the air. in fact, that should probably be an epic swim check, to swim through the air.

@using weapons to fly. marvel Thor did it. he'd throw his hammer so hard it dragged him behind it.