View Single Post

Thread: Planning a Wedding, Need Suggestions

1. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Planning a Wedding, Need Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
    The bride and the groom going from table to table to "toast"?

The fun part for us kids is to hold the YAAAAAAAAM in the yam seng for as long as possible.
    http://www.singlishdictionary.com/singlish_Y.htm
    That sounds like fun. What is the signifigance of holding the 'yaaaaaam' exactly? Longer you hold it the more success kind of thing?

Hmmm. Since we have a different theme for each table, we could look up a different toast per table, then do our best to learn how to say it properly. That actually sounds like fun!

Hmmm. We are having an Atlantis themed table. How do you toast in Atlantean? =p
    Actually, we could use one of those invented language like esperonto or something. That would work.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    Couples writing their own vows is a common trend.
    Easy enough, might as well.

Are you planning on a procession for the wedding party? The new trend is for the couple to walk in together.
    You know that famous youtube video of the couple dancing down the isle with their entire party? We want to do something like that, to a remix of Putting on the Ritz. If we can find one that fits the theme that is.
    Yes, I'm still searching for the version used by that awesome Russian flashmob. Sadly no luck yet.

One idea is an honor guard for the procession; personally I'm a not fan of those, but it's not my wedding
    I know rather a lot of people with swords, partly because I sword fight for fun and profit. It would be easy enough to arrange. However, if there are swords at the wedding, someone is going to insist that I swordfight. And frankly, I just don't feel like doing that. But, we might be able to come up with something.

Music is a question, especially as you'll have an outdoor wedding. Flowers are another.
    Given the proposed time of year, probably indoor. Music plans for the reception are going well, plans for the ceremony so far... I'm still looking for a great theme to come down the isle to. I have one in mind, but I can't find a version of the song for download, only audio copies of a youtube video.

If the officiant doesn't know you well, you could have a close friend speak at the ceremony about your relationship. You could also have a friend read a poem or an essay about love/marriage that you like.
    What I should do is have someone tell the story of how we met. Most couples have cute stories about how they met. We don't. We met over vomit. It's pretty entertaining actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Geldar View Post
    If you find a good celebrant they can help you with ceremony traditions. Like a hand fasting, a unity candle, a sand ceremony or a rose ceremony.
    Ours is doing a hand fasting with us.
    We've got a hybrid of the unity candle/sand ceremony involving White and Amber and Orange LED firefly's and a lantern.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-11-14 at 04:18 PM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."