View Single Post

Thread: D&D 5th Edition: Thread #7

1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 5th Edition: Thread #7

That's fine with me. I don't care who's property it is as long as it's not illegal and I can't be sued for making homebrew based on 5th edition. My intent was, actually, after extensive testing and help from homebrewers better then me, to email it to wizards and see what they think about it. Back when the 5e stuff first started I brought up the complaint that wizards sucked at necromancy in every past edition and that I wanted 5e to change that. My post was ultimately ignored, so I felt that MAYBE, just MAYBE, if I got some good necromancy homebrewed content for 5e I could send it to them and MAYBE, just MAYBE, it would have some influence on what 5e's Necromantic options will look like in the future. I know that in the grand scheme of the system Necromancy is a really tiny piece of the game and doesn't really matter to a lot of people, but it's one I care about deeply and if there is a way for me to influence it, I may as well try.

My only concern was the legality of making 5e homebrew and whether or not WOC would even allow it. I don't care about keeping any rights to it nor would I be upset if they just took my idea, used it and claimed it was their own work. I don't give a darn about getting any credit out of this. I just want to make sure that whatever homebrew work I do, is done legally.
    Last edited by Giegue; 2012-11-14 at 07:03 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started at a dinner party in the BBEG's estate.