1. - Top - End - #332

Default Re: General WoD Discussion #2: Its time to Celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Oh, I'm looking forward to it, I've just gotten impatient. It was slated for September; that fell through. It was moved to October; just as it looked like that was about to fall through as well, we got the "Pre-Launch Post" with an explanation that the author had just finished proofing the core set, and, "hey, here's a dramatic reading of some fiction from the game." Then October fell away and still no Mummy. Now it's half-way through November and still no Mummy, and no explanation on the blog or the Onyx Path. I wouldn't be so upset, but there's been zero explanation for the massive delay. Hence my comment about the game refusing to be released. It seems like the game itself is resisting completion or release for whatever reason, regardless of what the project leads want. I never said White Wolf was refusing to release it, just that the game itself appears to be resisting. Heck, I could have said that, "it seems to be cursed to never come out," and the meaning would have basically been the same.
    I'm impatient about it as well HOWEVER.Since part of the reason for the delays were 1. Someone working on layout had THEIR HOME BROKEN INTO and files were damaged. 2. Sandy wrecking the home of the fella in charge of Onyx Path publishing. I'm not going to be irritated about it.

Both of those and some other explanations have been posted on the blogs so....I'm awfully curious where this "no explanation" stuff is coming form.In fact directly from the blog that JUST went up Monday.
    RE: Mummy. Going to look at second proof tonight I hope, but regardless of timing, there’s whatever changes need to be made based on that review, an index to be created, a review by the CCP approval board, PDF/PoD files to be created and approved for those venues, and a PoD hard copy that I need to order and approve before we can go live on DTRPG.
    Last edited by SiderealDreams; 2012-11-14 at 08:23 PM.