View Single Post

Thread: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

1. - Top - End - #1172
    Banned

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Hmm, I really like the sound of that setup. My Geth Shotgun is one of my best leveled, and it's got that nice long-range ability.

I may think about taking out range for flamer and swapping in the damage evolution. I'm finding the range is nice already.

Too bad the game doesn't give you an option to test-run builds before you commit. Gotta sell equipment packs, I guess.
    I think range is always better. In the same way a pyro can burn you from
    Slightly beyond the flame, ranged flamer is the difference between burning an enemy group, or being killed by enemies while trying toget into range.

That being said, if you do end up getting damage for rank 4, consider getting duration for rank 5. The maximum damage ends up higher if you roast a prime or something with all of it, and the recharge is based on duration used, meaning that using three seconds out of eight will recharge faster than using three seconds out of eight, meaning you can carry an even heavier weapon with no loss.

The 6/5/5/5/5 concept is actually pretty exciting, and I'm looking in to other load outs it can work with. I'm gonna have to thank my mate for turning me on to it.

Oh, right. An the two default load outs I use are GPS+GPSMG, and javelin+pulse rifle. Both suffered from not aging bough gun output at close range, but only because I couldn't get in the habit of bolting off plasma shots without charging. The GPS can be mainlined as your only gun, benefit fully from networked AI, and work at all ranges. I have a personal preference for auto fire or acute damage generation, so I don't quite like it in favo of the piranha and raider, but it's a good gun. The damage output against atlases specifically was much too low for my tastes though. Couldn't seem to do more than four bars every five seconds. This was when I was able to put javelin hits into cannibals and they took no damage though, so I think it was just buggy.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-11-14 at 09:47 PM.