Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
I'm... not entirely sure what you mean by "what's the point?" It's a game of second chances. You play as a person who died, or nearly died, and was brought back to life by a half-insane ghost-thing called a Geist. As part of the deal, you got cool powers and the ability to see and talk to ghosts, and go into the underworld. Your geist gets to ride along with you, bound to your soul and experiencing everything you are. It's basically a game for people who really like ghost stories that are actually about ghosts.
So it sounds like you play a ghost version of a Ridden, and otherwise are functionally similar to a werewolf with the half-ghost thing.

Still, possibly worth looking at.

I stopped caring about Mummy when it refused to be released. Seriously, the pre-launch post was 25 days ago, where is the bloody release? Anyway, now I've started looking into fan-games. Leviathan is awesome, and I keep meaning to actually read through Genius at some point, though that may have to be put off until after I play catch-up on some of my school work.

Anyone else have experience with these or any other fan-made gamelines they want to share?
I've got some interest in Mass: the Effecting, though the name is terrible. I am beginning to second guess some of the design decisions though, along lines of guaranteed successes on guns and a loss of morality systems. We will see once I actually get it up and running though.

Quote Originally Posted by SiderealDreams View Post
Nothing was "refused". The book was in layout proofing at the time the post was made. If you check out the white wolf blog you'd learn as much. Personally I'm with the folks who are super excited about ancient immortal scheming sorcerers but hey that's why there are multiple games. Not all games are going to entice all players.
But you can do that with Mage. I don't see the difference. It seems gratuitous, and while I know they are making games for money, I would prefer they made games that didn't look and feel like they were made just for money. It speaks of a lack of worthwhile content.

EDIT: Still convinced the game is cursed.
would make thematic sense. Possible they are leveraging this for the whole Curse of the Pharaoh publicity bit?