Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
So it sounds like you play a ghost version of a Ridden, and otherwise are functionally similar to a werewolf with the half-ghost thing.

Still, possibly worth looking at.
Eh, close enough. Big difference is that a sin-eater is vastly more powerful than a werewolf. It's one of top three favorite official splats, the others being Werewolf and Changeling, so I recommend looking into it.

I've got some interest in Mass: the Effecting, though the name is terrible. I am beginning to second guess some of the design decisions though, along lines of guaranteed successes on guns and a loss of morality systems. We will see once I actually get it up and running though.
That is an awful name and whoever came up with it should be slapped about the face with a large trout. That said, a Story-Telling system game without a morality system in place... Hmm... I can't decide if I like that or not. I guess it depends on whether it fits with the theme of the rest of the game. Automatic successes on guns seems a tad over-the-top, though.

But you can do that with Mage. I don't see the difference. It seems gratuitous, and while I know they are making games for money, I would prefer they made games that didn't look and feel like they were made just for money. It speaks of a lack of worthwhile content.
Eh, I'm in it less for the immortal schemers part (Mage, Changeling (sort of), Vampire, Leviathan if you're willing to go outside official games can all do that, as you said) and more for the whole Egyptian mythology motif. Fascinating subject, Egyptian mythology, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

would make thematic sense. Possible they are leveraging this for the whole Curse of the Pharaoh publicity bit?
Oh, I doubt they're intentionally having bad things happen to them. That said, I find it morbidly amusing that bad things keep happening to delay the release of a game with "Curse" explicitly in the title.