Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
If that Move Silently doesn't beat the DC... then there is no way this senario should ever have come up.
Why do say that? Because I should never make one of my players have to roll over a 14? It's an opposed roll, your MS vs his Listen. The dice determine the base DC, I can only control modifiers.

Which yes, you get one from him banging everything around in the back of the cart. He could also be deaf in one ear, but there's no way for Suki to know that at this point. You don't get a +4 to MS due to size, sorry, that's hide. You didn't include the +2 that halflings get as a racial trait however...

Appearance looks good! I like the inclusion of the scar.

You beat the orc's listen so initiative roll is moot...

It's getting colder. The few yards of open ground between the nearest tree and where the carts are feels like a mile. There is nothing with which to hide behind should he look up.

After he buries his head looking for whatever it is you dart out from behind the tree, and you feel your adrenaline kick in. Your nimble feet pick their way through the half-dead clumps of grass and the half-frozen puddles of mud that are common in early spring.

You steal away through the grass like a cat, you deftly scoop up one of the discarded longswords that fell from it's sheath while flying through the air, and shoulder up to the cart. You hear the other guard yelling, spitting and sputtering back in the camp. You have to hand it to him, Tobias knows how to make an orc mad...

Attack Roll?