Quote Originally Posted by TopCheese View Post
I forget what book... But there is a BBEG that is a Druid Lich based around the cold and such.

Pretty scary actually.

Actually of the 4, I see evil druids going lich faster than the other. Why? So they can be as timeless as the nature they love. So they gain the power to kill off all those that harm mother nature. But most important... So they are no longer one of those fleshy creatures that use and abuse nature.

From a fluff perspective I could see good druids going lich since that would be the best way to protect mother nature and not be part of the problem. Heck you never have to kill to eat or take from mother nature again and you can watch over the world and let nature live in peace.
Well the whole "eating meat and other crap found growing from nature" bit is kind of off. Its usually scene as it being a part of the cycle of life. Certain things exists in the cycle to be eaten by something else, which in turn will be eaten by something else.

For example, berries and grass and leaves and what not are going to be eaten by a deer, which will be eaten by a carnivore, such as wolves, bears, humanoid races etc, which are all apart of nature because they, you know exist.

while generally humanoids are at the top of their respective food chains (generally, because there isnt alot that actively hunts them for a food source unless you know...plot hook?) and other carnivores like wolves or bears are at the top of theirs, because its the grass eaters that get hunted first etc, its still part of nature and the circle of life and what not, because it allows that species to survive, while keeping the other species in check.

Also I can see where your going for the druid becoming a lich to better protect the forest, but...Undeath is like a slap to the face of nature, and then spiting in its eye. Hell, becoming a Lich is just a naturally evil act, not matter what your intentions are with it.