Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
No, not changing goalposts at all. Recall Psyren's example - can it kill a Banshee solo without firing a shot? For this build, I'd have to say the answer looks like a "no," because it has to go to melee to do any real damage, and that's such a risk that it could only win by the pure luck of the Banshee never going for its instant-kill. Since the Batarian lacks dodge-rolling, it can't do a couple of light melee attacks then dodge away to at least try and play it safe, and I should hardly need to point out the problem with its heavy melee there. It has the same issue with Atlases, Praetorians, and even Brutes to a lesser extent (insofar as they instant-kill at a much lower rate than the others).

As a caster, it simply has a gaping hole in its game plan there. This is why I was questioning you on how it could work as a caster in the first place - I see no way it covers that hole without relying on weapons.
Banshee is easy. She only grabs when aura'd up. Stan there, wait for her to throw a warp, charge her and beat the hell out of her swollen belly.

Atlas is a bit harder, but why bother when an atlas is the one thing everyone focuses on. This is a team game, remember. If you absolutely must test your supremacy, get around behind it, charge into heavy melee, back up enough to prompt a melee attack, get hit, charge while it's staggered and then run behind it again.

Holy hell. That is awesome. And here I was thinking he'd only be able to do electric tech bursts. I wonder if that works on armored enemies? Submission Net still does some damage to them, if a much reduced amount, from what I've seen with my Batarian. Don't know whether the issue of it being the pre-buff version would matter there or not though.

Zevox
If you can fire prime the armored target, then yeah. It was not 100% consistent, but that's mostly because my team mates kept killin targets before I could get a second incinerate off.