Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
That's kind of my point, space marine morality is going to be very different from civilian morality. Killing an enemy combatant isn't going to unsettle them, for instance. WoD's morality systems haven't been very good at doing that. Regular morality... the distinction is questionable. Werewolf's Harmony does it nicely, except for fighting the Pure. And don't get me started on how a Sin-Eater is supposed to maintain Synergy when they're a Reaper.
I would disagree. Since we are already legislating morality at all, I think it is safe to say that proper military training puts you at 6 and gives the Werewolf crusader thing, where killing in the line of duty can be retroactively made not a sin. Highly skilled branches also teach the meditative mind merit. since stuff like special forces and all are suggested to have one of resolve/composure at three and the other at four or thereabouts, we could the sniper setting up his nest, assembling the gun, checking his sights, vectors an plan, and mulling over scenarios as meditative motion.

It's when you get stuff like squad mates giving surrendering enemies a double-tap or having to go off orders to get something done that you really suffer degradation, like an actual soldier. But one of the points of mass effect is the reactions are very human and, with the exception of Shepard from game 2 onward, very fallible and believable in nature. Standard morality in mass effect wouldn't be any different than using the Dogs of War supplement.

As for the weapons and armor, I guess that makes sense. Seems pretty well divorced from basic WoD standard, though.
aye. That and biotics/tech use is where it starts to lose its charm. nWoD isn't a combat system. Making it into one seems to miss the point.

Not bad. I think we can do better, though. Instead of dying when he hits his head, he just loses consciousness. His wife calls 911, they take him to the hospital, while he's in the ambulance it loses control on a patch of black ice. While it spins, the back door pops open, he goes flying out, slams into a tree, causing a bunch of snow to fall on him. The snow wakes him up, he picks himself up, sees his wife and the ambulance guys looking for him, calls out to them...

...And that's when the branch snaps and hits him on the head, killing him.
Hm. Workable. I think I went from zany wonky death at the beginning to contrasting the pointless mundanity of his death to all the events around him at the end. I'm not sure which way to take it, but I love the spinning ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
Easy enough if you can rules lawyer your GeistStoryteller - as long as a Reaper doesn't kill accidentally or impulsively, the only sin he has to worry about is Serial Murder at Level 2. The strict definition of a Serial Killer is three or more murders in a month, with downtime between sprees...so as long as you don't kill more than once every 16 days, you'll never be guilty of Serial Murder.
Aren't serial killers also defined by a specific MO? Rituals and such? If joe Schmoe gets a brick to the noggin and jack B. nimbleton eats a torso full of lead, you're also avoiding the serial murder bit.

Er, aside from the serial murdering.