Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
None of your examples are acknowledged by the other ponies. They are at best reacted to, but we don't know how the other ponies actually experience it.

Pinkie jumping out of potted plant: We don't hear anypony say "How did you fit in that potted plant, Pinkie?" We at most see them looking at her as she jumps out. What do they see (as opposed to what we see)? Maybe they see a silly pony hiding behind a potted plant, which would be silly and maybe they wonder how she got there without them noticing, but that's just Pinkie being stealthy (or them not paying attention) and doesn't defy any reality.

Pinkie outrunning Dash: We never hear Dash say "how the buck can you outrun ME?!" or the like. From Dash's perspective, as opposed to ours, this is most likely what it looks like: No matter where she hides, Pinkie eventually finds her because Pinkie knows Ponyville like the back of her hoof and she probably plays hide and seek waaaaaay too much, so she knows all the hiding places waaaaay better than Dash.

Pinkie hijacking teleport: We don't hear Twilight ask how it happened, and she doesn't even look at all surprised beyond the initial shock. Maybe Pinkie simply got in the way of Twilight's targeting, or targeting works on the principle of what you think of at the very moment the spell is cast, and Pinkie's sudden appearance made Twilight think of her for a split second ... or whatever other explanation. We don't know how magic works, in other words.

PinkieEyes and Stuff: Again, nopony asks about it, and what they see is most likely completely mundane (if utterly silly because it's Pinkie).

That's what I'm talking about.

S3E3
Spoiler
Show
The difference here being that Dash actually does ask, "Pinkie, how the hay did you do that!" right after seeing her defy reality by slowing her fall.

I suppose we could imagine that Dash saw something slightly different than we did (maybe Pinkie didn't actually slow down, but just did a very professional dive with very little splash), but it's getting pretty hard to justify compared to previous stuff. Personally I'm going to simply ignore this one instance and continue on as before, because this was probably just slip by the writers and hopefully it won't happen again.
Those are all such flimsy justifications that it doesn't hold up for me. I mean sure use it for your own peace of mind if you must but basically you're rewriting what we actually see on the show for something that you just prefer personally (because I've never done that before, no siree. )

Anyways my point is don't be surprised if it happens again. Because that's the way the show has decided to treat Pinkie, as having inexplicable powers that nopony truly understands, and they will continue to do so.

Personally though I believe that Pinkie has inexplicable powers that are slightly exaggerated by the show. But most of it are true like the sponges or the slow dive.