1. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bluff, Bluff, Bluff to the Right and Left

Originally Posted by Slipperychicken
    Good to hear the Beguiler survived. I was rooting for him.
    I was astounded. They had him at the point of a knife...and then they let him go.

Not only that, but they tried to cast Charm Person on him, to make him more amenable to going elsewhere. He made his save and shrugged it off...but being a slippery one, he fooled them into thinking he'd been charmed, and then immediately set about following them.

Originally Posted by Slipperychicken
    Bards are arcane casters. Passing as a Bard won't help there.
    Actually in the Moonshaes it will, because of the local culture. They're extremely suspicious of anything that smacks of wizardry or sorcery, but they don't consider bards to be in the same category. In the Moonshaes, bards are revered and gladly welcomed, so passing as a bard is a good call.

Also, your "1a" is hilarious. That's definitely the line he'll be taking. Druids of Mielikki are common on the mainland, but the druids in the Moonshaes are very traditional. ("You touched metal?! --To the sweat lodge with you!")

Originally Posted by Jungian
    I don't think Druids instantly began speaking Druidic when they encounter another druid, I always imagined it being only spoken during the most sacred of rituals.
    Well, I've always seen Druidic as a living language rather than a ritual one, and in my campaigns druids speak it among themselves whenever they meet. This poses a real challenge for my villainous beguiler. He can talk his way around most issues (thanks to Slipperychicken's talking points ) but Druidic will be a major obstacle.

The other druid would give him a greeting in Druidic, and the beguiler might repeat it and try to bluff his way through, but after that he'd be on thin ice indeed. The "wounded bird" approach is probably best (out of spells, out of wildshapes, tricked into wearing metal, etc.) but he'd need a reeeeeeeally good reason not to be explaining all this in Druidic.

My only hope here is that, wisdom or no, druids usually don't put a lot of effort into Sense Motive. The beguiler, meanwhile, has a +15 Bluff mod, so he might just get lucky.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2012-11-18 at 09:41 AM.