View Single Post

Thread: What makes the monk so bad?

1. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: What makes the monk so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    It really bugs me when people use the primary source thing to ignore a book that outright tells you it overrides the primary source and has no other function.
    well, if you actually use those rules, Spell resistance is fully useless, as the entire point of having the forego your saving throw rules originally was so that getting spell resistance wasnt slightly less effective then deciding to target yourself with a Headman's chop.

Quote Originally Posted by hewhosaysfish View Post
    Have you got a reference for that? I'm looking at the SRD's entries for the Outsider type and the Extraplanar and Native types and I'm not seeing it.
    Standard of obtaining Outsider type is getting Extraplanar as a subtype. because the monk capstone does not specify any subtypes (which is a huge problem), the game's auto assumptions apply. Planetouched are the exception, not the rule.

RAI, the monk capstone changes you to being Outsider, and grants you the subtypes (Lawful, Native). It doesnt say anything beyond becoming an outsider
    Last edited by toapat; 2012-11-18 at 05:54 PM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself