1. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: So I just played Psychonauts for the first time

To be fair, i never bought into the "you gotta get X hours into the game before you get it!" argument. Why can't it be good right off the bat?
    I fully understand that if you dont like a game you don't want to play it further, but I will argue some gameplays or storries can need a certain time to get into full momentum.

But if you ever have time for it, i'd say the game deserve another retry one day. control aren't great but i do'nt remember being that awfull either and storry and humour make it more than worth it.

38 more hours? I beat the game in under 20. While I didn't get 100%, I did do a lot of searching for figments, cobwebs, emotional baggage, scavenger hunt items, PSI cards, etc, and I collected most of them.
    (Ah yes but have you tried talking, using objects or clairvoyance on everyone, and so on ? It can padd a bit of time. And one or two fun jokes and video.

That said, I agree 38 hours seems waaaayyy longer than the game has to offer. that said for a full 100% run may be longer seeing as some fragment are just painfull to get.r(Waterloo world, Mila's race. ugh. and pointless as there's nothing really interesting after rank 90)

In my memory this game is sadly quite short and jsut a smudge too easy, it really could have done with another challenging mindscape level between the Asylium and the Meat circus.
    (I understand they couldn't make a level for every camper but when all the brain where in jars, i felt they missed an opportunity to make some kind of 'scrambled' world of all the kids or a visit in fculler's fractured psyche or something of that effect.)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-11-18 at 08:27 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-