1. - Top - End - #1412
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

Other Star Trek ponies by the same artist.

On the usefulness of Red Shirts
    Spoiler
    Show

My personal favorite
    Spoiler
    Show

I have to admit that my mind broke just a little bit when I saw a stamp on the sidebar that marked him as a FlutterCord fan. I just looked at it and said, "Wat."

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    While browsing youtube for something to listen to while do a bit of painting, and starting from the CMC orchestral theme used in that Civ V mod, I happened across this amazing version of the main theme. Unlike a lot of orchestral versions, this guy's stuff is fast as well as sweeping, and feels like it really could be the intro music to The Movie (this on in particular feels just like it sound be playing over the establishing credit montage, as the Mane cast (and supporting characters) go about their daily business (there's bits that sound they are for Pinkie, Fluttershy etc.)

This guy is incredible. He's done loads of these including Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, Final Fantasy... Pokemon (oh Lichemaster, Pokemon) Power Rangers... I'm still looking actually. It's just... unbelievable stuff.

Captain Planet does not deserve to be this awesome!
    He's also done Discord by Eurobeat Brony, "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Empress Trixie’sMissilegasm vs. Beamspam” debate on GalCiv2:

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princes Luna,

The Unicorn Empire enters its… 15th year? Trixie is going to be honest with you, the date is a blur due to the quick pace and management demands these wars have been moving at. The various nations have begun to vary their weapon and defense choices, forcing the Unicorns to do the same. It used to be that everyone simply used Gauss/Railgun weapons, but now they have been all but abandoned in favor of Missile and Beam weapons.
    I did notice a trend in which empires pick what to load their battleships with:

Good” aligned empires will favor Missile technology, employing large and slow battleships that tank on the front lines.
    Evil” aligned epires will favor Beam weapons, employing smaller, but faster ships that strike and run between the front lines.

There are no Neutral aligned empires remaining.

The Unicorns have found favor with the former choice, although we sacrifice some power for mobility because speed is crucial when you need to intercept an enemy fleet. The only exceptions are the two oldest Battleships in the fleet—The Discord & Nightmare Moon, both still using older Gauss/Railgun weapons, but who are so experience in combat that they receive huge bonuses to offset their lack of modern weapons.

Also, planet Twilight completed construction of a bet I accepted by one of my advisors. They didn’t think I could design anything to go faster than our current constructor ships, which max out at 8 parsecs a week, while being cheaper than a frigate. By comparison, our fastest military frigate is the Mark II Zecora at 6 parsecs/week. So, I now present the Scootaloo—with an unbelievable 21 parsec/week speed.
    I believe somepony now owes me 5 bits.

In the most recent weeks, the Unicorns saw three empires fall—
    The Space Elves: Their citizens were so enamored by the Unicorn culture that their entire empire assimilated itself into our own. Conquest without bloodshed!
    Eddie Izzard: Destroyed utterly by the mercantile empire of the Daehmons. That’s right, there’s an evil military force that’s basically Wal-Mart with battleships. Be afraid.
    GlaDOS: surrendered to the “lawful-good” Ryuujin empire after having their homeworld and the nearest 3 colonies to that destroyed by bombardment. Insert your own cake joke here.

This leaves the Unicorn Empire with only 5 opponents: Ryuujin, Magic Girls, Daehmons, the Jagged Knife and Tenners. The former two are good-aligned, the latter three evil. The Unicorns lean good, but do not affiliate themselves with any alliances. It wouldn’t matter to try anyway. The other races know better than to play leapfrog with a Unicorn.

Your Great & Powerful Student,
    Trixie Lulamoon
    "The other races know better than to play Leapfrog with a unicorn."

That's going in my mental folder of awesome/funny quotes.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-11-19 at 10:03 AM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!