View Single Post

Thread: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

1. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    My current plan is to give it the Offensive and Defensive spin the Blade bard kit has while restricting it to studded leather and possibly limiting its ranged weapon proficiency. I'll figure out the exact balance once I have a better idea of what I can or can't do and whether or not mods will even work with Enchanced Edition.
    Ah, yeah, I remember now. Sounds interesting. That armor restriction will most likely hurt a lot in BG1 and be almost irrelevant in ToB, I think, so you may want to front-load the Spin progression a little to counteract that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Wow, this halberd sounds powerful. I mean we are talking about AD&D 2.Edition: A 17 strength fighter (nice solid stat) can get to 19 with it (herculean warrior). The sad thing is this thing is probably one of the more balanced wepons in the modding scene.
    It's powerful, true; especially on someone who already has a high Strength (the jump from 15 to 17 isn't nearly as significant as from 17 to 19). But I don't think it's in any way OP, considering that you can get two one-handed +2 weapons with an extra point of elemental damage as loot just as early in the game, as well as buy +1 shields. That extra AC matters a lot, especially when ogres can one-shot you.

Although, my Inquisitor managed to chunk Mulahey in two hits with that thing. Mainly because she landed a crit for almost 50 damage, so it was mostly due to Mulahey not wearing a helmet. (Seriously, man, you're living in a mine. What were you thinking?)
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-11-19 at 02:18 PM.