View Single Post

Thread: Efreet?

1. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Efreet?

The whole Ol' Boys Club O' Hell idea has me peeing my pants. Good god man, play the damn game already!

The ONLY reason a dead bad guy's friends are going to come looking for a character is because the DM wants them too. seriously, you could extend this logic to ANY, I repeat ANY type of monster in D&D:

The PCs just killed a Dragon so all the Dragons team up to kill them to protect themselves.

The PCs just killed a Kobold in a back alley for his 1 CP he keeps in his sock so all the Kobold nations make the PCs enemy numero uno and set out with spears and torches to catch them.

Dude, sooner or later you need to play the damn game and stop thinking about ways to stop the PCs at every step. The PCs are supposed to be special and do special things. Sometimes they get to big for their britches and things need adjusted. Handling these times like a **** will only lose you friends.

Forget looking up references to support your DM jerk moves. Sit down and discuss how to work out the problem. Be as adult as possible.

A GREAT solution to a character that gets to be to powerful is to allow the PC to turn into a patron of some sort. Let the player use him for favors down the road. In short, stop trying squash fun in the favor of play balance. Fun is a real thing, play balance is a myth.
    Last edited by barna10; 2012-11-20 at 11:49 AM.