1. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I really. REEEEEEALLY don't like cats.
    Nothing honey mustard and salt can't fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    You know what's scary? A flat tire in the middle of the night on an on ramp in a place you're not really familiar with. Fml.
    I sympathise and have been there; I just kept going until I got to a lit place and out of the ramp ignoring the probable damage in lieu of the possible more horrible dangers.

I hope everything turned out/turns out fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Until today, I have only heard it to refer to the speech at a funeral about the deceased. My dictionary is telling me that the secondary definition can mean any such speech, but I'd be wary about using it for that as some people might not be as impressed.
    I also have only heard it in relation to the speeches made for departed ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    That sounds only slightly worse than my own cooking skills. I can make pasta, hamburgers, eggs, sandwiches, and things that only require warming up, and that's about it.

Don't worry; you can live on just those.
    You can actually live on pasta alone, I do for months. SO MUCH VARIETY!

You can have ravioli, spaghetti, lasagne, cannelloni, risotto, tagliatelle and many many more, you can have them in many types of made up, from egg based to purely wheat based; and if you start considering sauces the possibilities are bigger than possible with a normal breakfast-lunch-dinner schedule for 100 years meaning you could eat a different pasta each day without repeating until you die.

It's not: don't worry you can live on those; it's more like "don't bother, everything else is not as good."
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-20 at 09:49 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.