View Single Post

Thread: Efreet?

1. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Efreet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    You didn't say it in so many words, but your post very strongly implied it. I seriously doubt that I'm the only one that could've read it that way.

Seriously. If your post wasn't supposed to be saying we're doing it wrong, what was it supposed to say?

I'm not particularly upset, just a tad perturbed by the implications.

I can say with a certain measure of certainty that neither I nor Arcanist was angrily sniping the other. We were having a rational discussion based on logic and the in-game fluff.

Even if you don't agree with what we're saying or why we're saying it, that doesn't change the fact that we were enjoying our lively debate. We may even have given some people some things to think about for their own games.

Given that the most common way for an efreeti to be seen in-game is as a result of the calling spells we're discussing, it's not even entirely off-topic. In fact, the danger of being the efreeti in this situation is a very solid reason -not- to play one. How much would it suck for some NPC wizard to call your PC efreeti via planar-binding and subject you to the things that Arcanist has described.
    No, my posts didn't say it in any words; you very strongly read into it. Don't get your panties in a bunch, geeze. Play the game however you want. If you're having fun, great. What you've described is the way I used to play 20 years ago. It got boring and I moved on. That's all.
    Last edited by barna10; 2012-11-21 at 02:51 AM.