View Single Post

Thread: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

1. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Heh. Bad economics. That slight, slight dip in damage isn't a loss; it's an extra six points of skills you don't need to waste on a 20 point per gun reduction (already a waste if you're only using one gun!), such as, oh isn't know, going into 10% weapon damage (ironically shoring up the difference in power! Hah!), or fitness, perhaps, or capping off another skill for more power.
    My build on all three of those is ignore one power (Shockwave, Lash, and Phase Disruptor respectively) and max out everything else. And I'll always take making weapons lighter over making them stronger, especially on a Vanguard. And as I said, I am using more than one gun - the Eviscerator and the Phalanx. The former as their main weapon, the latter for when an objective wave forces them to sit in one spot and shoot things from outside of shotgun range.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I think you're just missing my point. Turians can be biotc, but why do all vanguards need to be biotic?
    Because that was one of the main defining traits of the class. Again, at this point I've just accepted that the multiplayer developers have just abandoned the class system wholesale, as quite a few of the characters no longer resemble their class' supposed concept at all. I'm just saying they didn't have to do that - especially not to make a Turian Vanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I use Piranha X on my Kroguard to great effect.
    I haven't liked the Piranha when I've tried it, personally. Even with the smart choke, its shots have way to large of a spread for me. I never feel like I'm hitting much of anything, and I haven't noticed the insane damage output they're supposed to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I wonder what Hazard London and Hazard Hydra would look like?
    I hope we never find out, as I can only imagine they'd be horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Yeah, I kind of figured that out over the course of the game, but I still ended up having to come down quite a bit to try and pick everyone else up, though that was often a bad idea in the end and I think we ended up wiping altogether eventually. I certainly don't remember extracting. Kind of enjoyed the map itself though, for the most part.
    Yeah, that becomes a big problem with that map - somehow, a lot of players never seem to figure out that they should stay up on top of those ramps. Especially on silver, but I've run into a few on gold too. Which definitely causes headaches for those smart enough to do so if they get themselves killed and leave you needing to decide whether to risk your life reviving them or try to finish things solo...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Operation Privateer: allied goals are back

Spoiler
    Show
    Operation: PRIVATEER (November 23rd-25th)

Cerberus’s hit-and-run attacks in the Terminus Systems have tied down a disproportionate number of local fighting ships and operations. We can spare only a small, elite force to eliminate the enemy. This force has the secondary objective of analyzing and finding a weakness in Cerberus’s kinetic barrier technology, which is key to bringing down large-scale hardened barriers.

Individual Goal: Earn 50,000 points versus any enemy with shields on any map, at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches. (Cerberus Centurion, Cerberus Engineer, Cerberus Engineer Turret, Cerberus Nemesis, Cerberus Atlas, Reaper Marauder, Geth Rocket Trooper, Geth Hunter, Geth Pyro, Geth Prime, Geth Prime Turret, Geth Prime Rocket Drone, Geth Bomber)

Allied Goal: Complete 50,000 cumulative total extractions of Batarian, Vorcha, or Turian characters.

Special Circumstance: None

Individual Goal Success: All individual players awarded a Commendation Pack and Corsair banner

Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and the potential max capacity for Ops Survival Kit will be increased to 6.
    Well, that individual goal is possibly the easiest to date - no need to even go out of your way picking any specific class this time. Allied goal, probably perfectly doable, though it really depends on how many people are still playing the multiplayer at this point.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-11-21 at 05:24 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis