Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Tech charge exists, and no.
In ME 1, the vanguard was a shotgun wizard. They had less power than a straight caster, but their guns made up for it. The difference between a vanguard and an infiltrator was their particular flavor of Gish – biotic was straight damage, close range and melee, while infiltrator was ranged acute damage and debuffing.

In Me 2, the vanguard gained charge. They now had a power specifically geared for getting into poor blank range, shotguns for point blank damage, and I think they still had increased melee but not to the same leel as the ME 1 vanguard.

In ME 3, they maintain their classification as close-range wizard. They can close the gap and strike hard (grenades work best point blank, as do swords and Nova and heavy melee, and stasis is a set up for detonation and thus a nova-analogue), they can blast enemies at a sufficient distance as to not have to get point blank when they don't need to, and benefit from a light load out.

The tech vanguard has charge (havoc strike), nova (heavy melee), shield recovery an buffing (stimpack).
Tried to clarify my point above, but wow, those Turians sound fun. I hope I manage to get one soon.