Transgenderism's come up a few times in How I Met Your Mother, though I think always as a throwaway joke. Barney asking Ted if he wants to play "Who's Hot and Who's Scott?" with a group of models at one of their company's parties; Ted meeting Zoe for the first time while in a bad part of town and assuming she's a street-walking transsexual, saying something to the effect of "you're very convincing, mister, but I'm not interested."

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
If they aren't allowed to be in the forces that fight, how are they in combat all the time? I really don't get it. I mean, yes, I'd they are stationed somewhere that is attacked they aren't like, told to drop their rifle and stick out a leg or anything, but they aren't actually allowed to be on the offensive.
In dangerous zones all military personnel have firearms on them, and if something goes down they're all expected to know how to use them. Women are less likely to get into firefights because they can't hold a job that's purpose is getting into them, but it still happens. "All the time" is an idiom meaning "occasionally."