The merchants watch the argument unfold.

Jarvis, seeing the tension in the group, pipes in after a moment. "Is there anything I may do at the moment to help? I'm no warrior, but I know a thing or two about this region. You don't get to be a famous wold traveling merchant like me without looking under a rock or two to see what's there. And this has become a familiar trade route for all the merchants here-"

"I ain't going out in that rain," Douglas, one of the cart driving merchants, states flatly.

Jarvis shrugs, "well, this is a familiar trade route."

Simon wipes crawfish off his hands and stands up. "I've no desire to head out in that storm, nor do I think it's a great idea to split the group up even more. We could just give them some more time. Have faith in your friends. They'll either come back with news of an even better shelter, or they'll come back empty handed. Either way, if we venture off in search of them, and we don't find them, then they'll be coming back to an empty cave with no idea where to look for us."

Jarvis nods slightly, appraising the wisdom. "He has a valid point. What do you think?"