Quote Originally Posted by Talanic View Post
Out of line? You kidding? I've been at a loss for weeks. No idea how I'd get a decent cover, just a few vague hopes.

Again, going to bed and leaving this open for my wife's comments:

Honestly, I love Derek's suit now, the new ship looks way better (though it seems like it should be shinier, if that's something you can adjust), and you added just enough debris/ flames/ scorching to make it obvious that this was a crash landing.
I've tried to make it a bit shinier - see what you think.

The only thing that still bothers me is Mycah, and only because it looks like when you changed her color scheme, you lost some of the detail on the clothing that was there before. Also, the red doesn't help her stand out as much as I thought it would (which is my bad, not yours ).

Looking at it again, it seems like what stands out most on her is her bare skin and the buckles on her shoes (which may be new? I don't remember them from the last version). Perhaps if she had some silver/ metal embellishments? Maybe add the shoulder armor back in from the last version as well (those maybe it more obvious that she was wearing partial armor and not just generic leather, I think). I do really like the detail you've added to the gauntlets.
I've actually to some extent gone back to the old texture map, but with bare arms and a slight change to the bracers on the forearms. I think this is probably as good as I can get her.

But yeah, massive improvements on what was already a nifty design!
Flattery will get you everywhere.

Spoiler
Show

Edit: Free promo day today. For about twelve more hours, the ebook is free. My wife would like to point out that the last guy who read it felt compelled to create the cover up above. Doesn't that make you curious?
The bad news is that said "last guy" is going to start bullying you to know when the sequel is being released...