Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
And thank you for vocalising your observations so thoroughly, Zevox. I, too, unlocked the Fury quite recently, but I've been struggling to get a good feel for how she works. Getting Biotic Detonations off seems like a random coin flip, and I almost didn't notice that Ann.Field had a persistent radius after it was engaged, so little was it achieving.
My first time using the fury, I put radius on and then eventually promoted her. When someone said they were 100% proof positive the radius evolution only affected detonation and not priming, I went with damage instead. I had the same trouble for a while. Then I did what Tome suggested and went with Radius Increase. It's pretty slick.

Priming affects enemies sequentially. If there are three in range, it will hit them one at a time until thy are all primed. Organic enemies will often panic, which involves a backstep which can take them out of range. The energy looks present for about a half second even when the field is disconnected. Finally, it takes a moment to launch into a target. These things couple together can lead you to throw at a yarded which is not primed, and wonder why they do not detonate. Often, the key to using AF is to hit enemies from afar with dark channel, move in while they struggle with it (a detonation here works well), heavy melee Ito the weakened group and detonate whoever is still standing. Alternately, sneak aroun corners with L3 (on Xbox) to prime targets approaching your cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
After ages of suffering the RNG god has finally smiled upon me, with the Demolisher last night rounding out my N7 collection and the holy grail of rifles, the Cerberus Harrier, today. And boy is it everything i hoped it would be. Only downside is the low ammo cap and the recoil but with the barrage equipment and an extended clip thats mostly dealt with. All I want now is the typhoon and some of the new classes.
The harrier has very few recoil issues. It always fires in the same way; the first three bullets shoot with little recoil, it's capacitor kicks in and it fires from a position that's higher than original firing, and it stays there. The best way to se it are to use three-round bursts (which kill most mooks, even marauders and such) or to drop a full clip into a heavy. Against a non-nearby enemy unity holdin down the trigger is a waste of time.

The gun shoots perfectly straight at its fire zone. It will fight you tooth and nail if you try and move it, however, which is probably where you experienced trouble. It's a strange but fun gun.

Yeah Fury's amazing on the smaller maps, long range you really do have to rely on DC -> Throw or weapons, same for on the higher difficulties. Because of this I highly recommend taking the 5th tier cd reduction talent on DC so you can alternate between setting and detonating explosions. That being said AF is great for emergencies when you find yourself getting surrounded and if you're doing some Rio farming but personally I never detonate it, letting it sit there and prime for detonate specced throws.
Why? Dark channel will move to a new target who is them primed. I you're working with a group of enemies, you won't need to use dark channel again at all until the next group shows up. Or do you mean do you can use throw faster?