View Single Post

Thread: The CHALLENGE continues!

1. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The CHALLENGE continues!

110 words of RPing, plus something that maybe counts as a poem? If it does, that brings me up to 1107, so I should be okay for this week once I go track down the rest of what I've written recently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Gesturing at the tree Serph sits under, she murmurs a simple incant...

"Wood, I stake a claim upon his life
    Help me now begin this strife.

Hawk who rode the east wind here
    May my sight as yours be clear.

West wind, west wind, more than friend
    Guide this shaft for his life's end."

Moments after she finishes it, a myriad of heavy branches, the smallest of which is as big around as her fist, splinter from the tree with an ominous creaking.

As it does, Spreagadh, who has had several hundred years of practice with a bow, and has keener senses than most mortals even when they're not magically enhanced, launches an arrow at him, aiming to pierce his skull, something she's aided in by the sudden appearance of a rather strong wind, guiding it towards him.

Of course, if he notices her, it is possible to interrupt any of that...

Edit:

Another maybe-poem thing, and 226 words of RPing, which brings me up to 1583 words total, hopefully.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Fire at Will]

"North wind, north wind, frozen crone
    Howling down from peaks alone
    Let ice form here on blasted stone."

As the second spell finishes, an icy wind howls through the forest, flames guttering and dying before it, and the temperature dropping sufficiently to freeze the sap in the trees, causing some of the smaller ones to explode...
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor
    "This is modern," she points out, smiling gently. "Or at least, it was before my Ascension... But I can certainly do something along those lines."

With that, she reaches out and touches a claw to the wall next to her, at which the fabric of the plane around them ripples, stretching and tearing for a moment, before reforming, leaving them in a fairly good approximation of a modern club, though not, perhaps, one that's actually permitted to be acting as one - something more along the lines of the type mentioned here might be more accurate -, lit with icy blue neon, and rather full of people (who Kriza can probably tell were taken from other places, not made for the party); a fair number of said people are dancing to the music that seems to be emanating directly from the walls.

Directly next to them is a rather nice-looking girl, tall and thin, with hair that seems to be made of smoke, and ash-grey skin, with dancing green flames in place of eyes.

"Will she be acceptable?", Anarya inquires, indicating the Changeling next to them. "I can get a different one, if you give me an idea of what you'd prefer... I think you'll find her most enjoyable, though. She has some rather unique talents, amongst them the ability to sense exactly what you desire."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-11-26 at 02:27 AM.