View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart (II)

1. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart (II)

Pieter listened raptly to Lothar's tale. When Illiiya spoke, he replied: "Need I remind you that it fought on the same side as the daemons? And it couldn't enter Shallya's shrine... Shallya is the Fly Lord's sworn enemy."

He was tempted to educate the sorceress about the gods of the Empire; how often was it that someone asked him about them? But if he got started, he might go on for hours and now was hardly the time to discuss the finer points of theology. Only three gods interested him right now; two of them were on his side.

"I do believe the knight was a pleasant fellow. So was Morsleek when I first met him, all smiles and good manners. Changes nothing to whose side we're on." He frowned. "The knight said it 'promised no one to kill a soldier of the 11th', you say? Strange wording, if you ask me. Seems to imply it promised to kill someone else. Could just be Lord Verloren; it went straight for him at the barrow. As for its 'unfinished business'... Someone else to kill? For whom - the doctor?"

He rubbed his face and realized he badly needed a shave; his stylishly neglected look was now turning into a scruffy look. "I think we should bring Esther up to speed."

Spoiler
    Show
    Note that I meant to send Mrs Hofstadter away just long enough to discuss the cloak. I guess she should be back soon.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-11-27 at 11:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.