1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    This conversation you are carrying on with Elemental makes me happy. What do the anti-budgies look like?
    Perhaps they have an inverted colour scheme to that of ordinary budgies, or perhaps you can't tell the difference, I don't know. Myself, I imagine them with a fully extradimensional colour array, intangible to lesser minds and capable of driving rational humans to an otherworldly madness. A Lovecraftian palette, if you so wish.

I'm browsing Youtube to help me hear the difference. Norwegian fits into this too?! How interesting. I know so little about the world. ;___;
    Swedes, Danes and Norwegians are generally able to understand eachother perfectly well if we don't get all too excited and/or drunk (although Danes sound like they're drunk to start with, so perhaps we're easier for them to understand while slightly inebriated ).

Icelanders can even be intelligible if it's a good day, but it's hard and requires a good knowledge of both aged vocabulary and an affinity with puzzles. Takes the Icelandic word "lögregla". At first it looks like complete nonsense, but when you take it apart, you get "lög", which isn't all too unlike "lag" ("law"), and "regla", which sounds like "reglera" ("regulator"). So, the gibberish "lögregla" is actually a law regulator, or a policeman (although I might have gotten my etymologies wrong, seeing how "regla" also sounds like "regel" ("rule")).

Hmm. And yet, how can you construct a positivist national mythology without a literary canon? [I'm only half-joking about that] Maybe I just take the idea of a canon for granted, being of English descent in a country whose official heritage is English and French, two of the biggest canonists around.
    Our national mythos is mainly carried through tradition and children's tales, just like we've always done.

Seriously though -- let me ask this instead. If I were an Arts student in Sweden, is there a Swedish Literature degree I could take? And is there a list of usual suspects that I would study? Is Strindberg in there somewhere? I really like Strindberg if you haven't noticed.
    Probably. I've never looked, so I wouldn't know, but I find it highly unlikely that you'd be completely unable to find a Swedish Literature course in all of Sweden.

That said, I wouldn't be all too surprised if you found more Swedish Literature courses outside of Sweden than within its borders...

I am happy for you!
    Here is a winter-coloured budgie to help you celebrate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *budgie*
    Yay!
    *huggles all budgies around*
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-28 at 04:15 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show