Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
I am confused. I thought the Demon Cat had passed away.
No? IIRC a while back Curly complained that while she'd been at uni the DemonCat had to go to the vet for something potentially life-threatening and she was annoyed her family hadn't told her? Maybe you were thinking of that?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
Can I just get hugs from you guys and make the Bad Things go away?
*Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
Ele, I swear you just made that wall of post so only the truly devoted would bother responding.
Pfft, you call that a wall of text requiring true devotion? In my day, Random Banter had at least 3 walls of text per page! And they were longer than that! And we had to multiquote by hand!

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
Not really. I just wanted to set up that "makes Romeo and Juliet look like Shakespeare" joke. And none of you laughed.
Yes really, that's the nonsensical phrasing I was referring to. It just wasn't a very good joke I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
Could be worse. I was once forced to read all of Pride and Prejudice for my English GCSE and all because of a scene involving Colin Firth and a wet shirt. Suddenly everyone* became obsessed with that damn book and the wretched scene isn't even in it.

As a fifteen year old kid, I wasn't interested in the slightest about the fact that Elizabeth Bennet thought Mr Darcy the most awful snob, or how scandalous it was that Jane ran off with the caddish Mr Wickham.

Why couldn't we have studied a story with meat to it like 1984 or Animal Farm?

Yeah, Ms Austen and I don't see eye to eye.

* Everyone, that is, that went warm and melty at the sight of Colin Firth in clingy wet period costume.
Hey, Pride and Prejudice is great! You shouldn't be put off good literature just because some of its fans are just as silly as its third main female character.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
While I agree with you about Ms Austen I don't agree on your reasons. The internet has this juvenile belief that "higher stakes" equals "better content" and that is just nonsense. Just the mostly widely believed rubbish today, second only to "pop music is bad because it's pop music".
I'm confused as to what the higher stakes thing has to do with Succubus' cmplaints about P&P. And I'm certain there are more widely believed rubbishes, not least because if people widely believed pop music was bad it wouldn't be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
Because I find referingo friend as a 'ex' silly, as if he as never made out, then there can have been no makeouts, which is a necessity for a real 'relationship' to begin. Without the makeout, it is just "something MIGHTA happened"-ship.
I don't know a thing about the context of this but make-outs are not a necessity for a relationship to be considered 'real'. It's all about the emotions, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
My nephew has been trying to get me to play League of Legends with him. I'm close to giving in. Is the learning curve as steep as I fear?
No, it is terrible and will destroy your life!
(Disclaimer: I have never played LoL and therefore have little basis for my opinion)