View Single Post

Thread: [D&D 3.5] Oreid, City of the Mad (IC)

1. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] Oreid, City of the Mad (IC)

Mabdebereth

Though some of the races surrounding Mab are unrecognizeable without further scrutiny, those are in the very slim minority. Mab can see a mephling chatting it up with his kobold barmaid, and a pair of raptorans snuggle against a back wall, giggling and fairly drunk. Before the narrator has time to describe any more races however, Lyzper and Cassidy crash into the inn, bloodied and covered slowly melting ice. The mongrelfolk at the front table wince a bit at their state, but don't actually get up or offer to help.

The bartender spits something fragrant into a spittoon. He looks to be human and fairly young at that, but his eyes are pale yellow, "New in town? What can I get ya?"

Moments before, with the rest

The whistling Cassidy heard turns out to be a rather large seagull made of ice crashing into her shoulder, just as Lyzper takes a mindflayer bust to the base of his tail. Both are nearly brought to their knees by the blows, but they will thankfully make it inside the inn they saw Mab disappear into mere moments before.

Periwinkle will find his conversation partner to be quite recalcitrant to pick up his own end of the conversation. In fact, he doesn't move at all from where he stands and doesn't even acknowledge that Periwinkle was trying to get his attention. How rude of him.

Orpheus

As he slips inside the unlocked shack, Orpheus can see it already has a few dents in its thatch and wood ramshackle roof, but it seems to be holding for now. If it takes a solid hit from a larger hailsculpture he'll be in trouble, but he might just be able to last out the storm as it is if it's a short one.

The inside of the hut is fairly bare, with just a pile of straw to serve as a bed, two crates stacked in a corner, and a small cookfire in the center of the room. The door he passed through looks like the only entrance, and it's a set of thin planks stretched across two boards that are held onto the frame by leather hinges. It would in no way keep the draft out on a cold night, but between it and the daub and wattle walls Orpheus is protected from any further splinters flying through the air.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-11-28 at 09:36 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.