View Single Post

Thread: [D&D 3.5] Oreid, City of the Mad (IC)

1. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5] Oreid, City of the Mad (IC)

Orpheus Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though a few heavy thuds disturb him, it's not enough to break his concentration on the spell without the shards to distract him, and he can clearly make out two distinct yet faint auras among the three obvious talismans she can see on the crates. It appears that at least one of them was either never magical or has had its magic expire long enough ago that it doesn't register under his spell's detection.

However behind those two auras, each solid lump of hail outside the hut also glows faintly, the auras on those ice sculptures diminishing even as he focuses on them. There are only a few in range of his spell that still retain their magic by the time he focuses on them sufficiently to get an idea of their type.

(You can roll spellcraft once for each aura if you want to know what school of magic is involved in the two working talismans. You can also roll for the 3 ice sculptures outside the hut if you're curious.)
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-11-28 at 10:40 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.