Is there no one, no one at all, that she will defer and respect and not play center of the universe?

Hmmm ... well, if that's the "rules" of the game. there's only one winning move .

Of course, there's nothing stopping you from offering your mother the option of playing other games with you, games that allow you some satisfaction. But she can either play a fair game or not play. And even in the "games" you're forced into in unavoidable family obligations ... you can still alter the script.

Over the course of this year I've lost nearly all my friends through a variety of upsets. I hardly see anyone any more.

I can't figure out how to make new ones. I don't enjoy doing anything.

I'm waiting two weeks for my next therapy session. I almost feel compelled to gather evidence that I'm crazy to justify me needing it.
If you've been through a number of stressful situations, shock and a certain degree of numbness are to be expected. Grief is a process that can't be rushed.

I'm no expert, but possibly the best thing to do is give yourself time to recover. Allow yourself time to process the things that have happened. Then, when you have, you can start to make friends again.

Respectfully,

Brian P.