Good book. Much better than Ghost Story. Excellent cascading crescendo of awesome climax.

Best line in the book:
Spoiler
Show
"Demonreach, if our guest pulls the trigger, take her below and keep her there."

Random discussion and WMG:
Spoiler
Show
I liked Mab. To begin with, I was worried she was just being a bit lolevil, but she's a creepy faerie entity with a plan.

I'm mildly annoyed with He Who Walks Before character-wise; he just seems more arbitrarily powerful and less sinister. Probably because we know more about him than HWWBehind. (I'm also guessing his name is supposed to mean "He Who Walks Before [the Gate is Opened]".)

The actual Gates of the Gatekeeper seem a bit... Lame. No hold on for a moment; just seems a bit odd that the borderlands of reality have but a single gate along the whole damn wall. It is a sweet explanation for the Gatekeeper's position on the council, though if anything it seems even less pleasant. It's one thing to be responsible for keeping unknowable reality-eating horrors from breaking into the world, but to have no hours and basically be on call 24/7? Damn.

Not terribly happy with the revealed balance of the Fairy Courts. It seems like he arbitrarily made Winter sooper-awesome, and Summer has been demoted to "Well, I guess you're kind of important too..."

Been avoiding the most exceptional part so far; Demonreach is hella scary. I'm curious as to whether Nicodemus knew about it's real purpose. (Incidentally, I imagine that Nicodemus is opposing the Outsiders too. He's an evil SoB, but he wants to have a world around to plague and torment just as much as everyone else wants to have a world around to live in.) Here's hoping big M built it to last, because otherwise they may all be screwed incidentally.

(You'd think that Harry might consider using Intellectus to try and learn how Merlin did the various awesome wards and crap. Learning from a master, etc, and also patching up the parts of it that are damage, if he could.)

Question; does anyone remember when Maeve was supposed to have been infected (or whether it was stated?) It seemed to imply a specific point that might have been covered in the books, but I can't remember anything other than 'between Lea being given the Black Athame Macguffin and them running into her as a Popsicle in Arctis Tor'.

Also, seeing as Mother Summer mentioned that M. Winter had lost her walking stick, and the relative power of those two individuals, I'm betting that that will be a macguffin at some point.

Betting that the 'parasite' in Harry's head is Lash slowly reconstituting. No real reason, but my personal suspicion.

And I'm betting at some point, they're going to discover some mortal trick that's pretty damn effective against Outsiders. Even more WMG, but that's what I'm guessing.