View Single Post

Thread: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

1. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

ALL

You all spend your time however you see fit. Washing off the dirt of the road, having a bite to eat.....taking a quick nap. After the hour goes by, servants come to each of your doors and lets you know that Metherna would like to see you in her Throne room. You gather what things you want and head that direction. When you enter, the large circular table is gone, as are the other dragons and Dak, and Metherna is sitting in her throne with the Silver Hawk standing where all of you eventually end up standing. Metherna smiles at you and starts, "I hope your meals were satisfactory. Let us get down to business. Thorn is taking her little green man back with her to her own keep, so the Silver Hawk's arrival has come at a very opportune time. He will be accompanying the party for your next expedition, and hopefully for longer than that. He come from a very well trained family of soldiers and know what he is doing, so it would be prudent to heed his advice when on your missions," she seems to trail off, looking at Infernion and somewhat at Arya. "He is not 'in charge' of you, per say, but listen to him in and out of combat, he may very well save your life."

"Now, for the part of the talk that I am sure you are all waiting for....treasure." Metherna seems to have a sparkle in her eye when she mentions treasure, and snaps a finger and 12 guards come out, two to a chest, placing one in front of every person. "In these chests are your rewards for helping me, and payment for services rendered so far, Riordan. You will find gold in there, and a powerful item, of which I have a feeling you will greatly enjoy. I left the shield for you, Ewin, for I believe it is best suited for your needs. Its name is the Sheild of Nusemnee. Nusemnee was a powerful devil many, many eons ago, and daughter to Zehir, and an assassin for him. She one day tried to kill a high priest of Pelor, but was unsuccessful. She father abandoned her, and she was struck down by a paladin's blade. Nusemnee thought death was near, but the high priest healed her. He showed her compassion and this struck her as odd, but not being in anyone's debt, she decided to help him in a holy quest until she could save his life in return. Nusemnee thus became a symbol of redemption. When she finally died at the end of the high priest’s quest, she rose again, this time as a minor goddess. In this form, she opposed her father by offering redemption to all who would turn away from evil. Unfortunately she died not too long ago, or was murdered rather, by a poison made from her father's blood." Letting the story sink in she continued, "That is why it is appropriate for you, Ewin. Wiled it well and remember, all of you, It is never too late to seek redemption." At those last words, the shield itself seems to glow a little with radiant light and die back down.

Spoiler
    Show
    You open your chests and all find 10,000g each and 1 item from your wish list, except for Ewin, who gets the sheild. It is actually called shield of Prator, but I changed the named for story reasons. Anon, you too. Instead of loot found, you are bascially being paid as a contractor for what you have done with Metherna so far.

Once you have all opened your chests and looked over, not only your gold, but your customized items as well, Metherna speaks again, "But now for the serious part of our little meeting. I wanted to talk with all of you plainly, so I asked the others to occupy themselves for a little while, I hope that is ok." Though whether or not it is ok, she doesn't stop to hear, "You all must have many questions about what is happening in our lands so far, especially you Infernion. I will not lie to any of you.....evil has come out of the hells into this land, and a King has opened the door." She stops for a moment and rises from her chair, walking over to and looking out one of her windows for a moment. "You were somewhere, a temple of Asmodeus presumably, when you said the cultists were trying to raise devils. Well, this was not an isolated incident. From what our intelligence tells us, this happened all over Faerun, devils spilling out of portals due tot he actions of the cultists of Asmodeus. This, however, isn't the most disturbing news." She turns back around to you all and walks back near you, "We have found out that Infernus has gone slightly mad. He has always been evil and power hungry, he is a red, it is in his nature.....but what he is doing now....." Metherna trails off and seems to have a hard time with her next sentence. She seems not only disgusted with the next prospect, but utterly insulted by it, "From what we have found out, we think that Asmodeus has promised Infernus some sort of godlike power, on top of the almost endless power of a dragon, if Infernus helps Asmodeus escape in to Faerun to unleash his hordes of Devils onto our world, killing everything, scorching the earth, and raining fire and ash upon us. Infernus has always wanted to rule over all of Faerun, but the rest of us, well at least 3 of us, have always kept him at bay. With Vala and my alliance, and Tortia's flipping nature, Infernus has never had the confidence he needed to fully attack us and know he would come out on top.....until now." She looks quite serious and dire at this point, "If his alliance with these devils continues he will gain enough power to slay all 4 of us and rule over all of Faerun with Asmodeus, though how two power hungry evil creature could rule together I know not. But that is beside the point. Infernus will have the power to find us all.....despite precautions we have taken to hide ourselves." She lets that last bit sink in before moving on, "From what our scouts and scrying has told us, Infernus helped summon a greater devil to the plane, Geryon, the Broken Beast. He was once an angel, eons and eons ago, but later turned into the wretched thing he is now. Though now he is exiled from the Nine hells, and not in Asmodeus' favor. The only thing I can think that he is doing is trying to win his Ruler's favor by paving the way for him to this plane." Metherna stopped, as if waiting for a barrage of question that she knew was coming.

Spoiler
    Show
    Any questions can be asked at this point, more info to come
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-11-30 at 11:11 AM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally