Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
Yeah, Olaf is one of the few champions that doesn't really want to build a Phage in lane, which really lessens the need for Mallet later on.

The other thing to note is that Olaf is going to have a hell of a time either blowing up Ezreal or locking multiple carries out of the fight, because Ez is mobile enough to run away, Diana is mobile enough to get into the thick of things, and Hec/Irelia eventually get tanky enough to work around Olaf. I might have played Jax in this situation.
Honestly I build phage because I don't want to build an item like fh yet but feel silly building damage, so it's kind of my weird self compromise. I tend to build double gp10 --> phage --> mallet --> tanky items which I know isn't quite right but works in the games I'm playing at least. I was also 2nd pick that game and the only champs we knew about were hec and irel. Finally, I still need to pick up jax, though I'm assuming it wouldn't be hard. Just need to add it to the list.

Also, new goal? Hit 1650 without any support whatsoever. That means probably a lot of losses in the near future, but I'll feel better about myself as a player when I accomplish it.